Sunday, September 27, 2009

We're in Korea!

We're safe and sound in Korea. Home of the clean floors, and good food!

I cannot say enough about Korean Air. Having just (last month) flown from Canada to China via Japan, it was really refreshing to get off a plane and say "I wish that flight was longer!" Honestly, the food was great, the seats were comfortable, and they had a good self-controlled movie collection! What more could a girl ask for? I didn't finish watching my movie, but I am hopeful that I can finish off the movie on the flight back. So don't anyone spoil the ending to "The Proposal" for me.

From the airport in korea, we hopped on a bus into Seoul (a limousine bus!), and got to our guesthouse. It's pretty much a small apartment that they rent out to people. Very clean, we have our own bathroom and everything!

We went out and found a little restaurant for dinner. We're pretty central where we are, so there was a lot of selection, but we needed to find a place that had a picture-menu. Imagine our surprise when our waiter spoke Mandarin!

After dinner, we went to check out the Seoul Drum Festival. It was a loud show, with some crazy drumming... including a guy who had water on his drum. He was flailing around and flicking his hair like nobody's business!

So our first impressions of Korea are great! More to come (and pictures...) later. I'm sleepy.

P.S. Outside our building, there is a street vendor who sells those red-bean fish-shaped waffles that I like so much. 3 for $1.00.

No comments: